Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Grief

Lately I've been slacking on both my blogging and my gifts. I have had a lot on my plate lately, and even more recently have been devastated by an unfortunate misunderstanding and lack of trust with someone I love so deeply and sincerely.  I made a foolish decision which sparked the distrust this person had for me, and it has been so hurtful and unbelievable for me.

However heartbreaking this situation is for me, I am using it as blocks for me to climb higher on and am thanking God for this gift. I know that the love I shared with that person was so wonderful and beautiful and true, and I can only be grateful for that. Its not so often we find that and are allowed to experience it, and for a while I was filled with it. What a gift that is!

Sometimes we lose things we love, but we have to know that even the loss itself is a gift. We are put through trials and are broken down so we can rebuild and come out stronger, wiser and more capable of love, giving and humility in the end. We learn from our mistakes and make choices that will help us become better people with more open hearts and more conscious minds. I'm looking forward to learning from the mistakes I have made and making new and healthier decisions for me.

Speaking of making new decisions, I am going to give myself the gift of doing more things that better me as a person. The first thing I am going to do is quit drinking alcohol all together. Even though I don't do it much to begin with, lately its caused me to make unhealthy choices, and I've not been responsible. I don't want to be that person. I am better than that person. In addition to this choice, I am also going to drive the energy I have built up for my sorrows and channel it into working out and volunteering. I'm excited to begin volunteering! There are so many wonderful causes I can get involved with, and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on what I decide to do!

The reason I want to volunteer is because it helps you step outside of yourself, of your own problems, when you give your time and care to someone else. It humbles you and grounds you, causes to see things on a bigger scale and have a clearer mind. These are definitely things I could use right now!

I'll be sure to update. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and to share in my experiences. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Amen to giving up alcohol...it costs too much money anyway. Now you can save!

    ReplyDelete