Friday, January 8, 2010

Bad Days and Good Repairs

This was a rough day for me, but rather than crying to you, virtual people, I'd like to say how it helped me learn about myself.

This morning I was not feeling well, and the rest of the day continued as so. I tried a few different methods to feel better, but nothing was working. So, for my gift to myself today, I went into the dance studio to practice the cha cha and salsa, and worked out while doing so. I began to feel better and see things more clearly. I began to relax and was able to look at things from a different perspective, and left feeling more level-headed and not so, well, icky.

I gave a man who is homeless and ill a dollar today as my gift. He is always lingering outside the restaurant where I work, and he's very intelligent and clearly educated, but obviously can't take care of himself. This was the first day I gave him any money, and it seemed like the right time.

Sometimes we don't feel well, but its the healing process that teaches us how to be right again, and how to make it last. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment