Monday, January 4, 2010

Bettermint Beginnings

I would first like to start by giving my gratitude for stopping by my new site devoted to self betterment through selflessness and positive self-giving. I have decided to give myself the challenge of making myself a better person by giving one thing selflessly to another each day, and by doing one thing for myself every day. Now to be clear, the thing for myself must be something healthy (either healthy for my physical self or my mental self) that contributes to my personal betterment as a person. This could be something as simple as going for a calming walk, going on a jog, teaching myself how to cook something new and healthy, or even learning something new about how to make the world a better place, perhaps by reading an article or watching a documentary. The thing I do for others is something selfless and can be for a stranger, a friend, a member of my family, my boyfriend, anyone as long as it is a gift in someway. The idea of giving came from the 29-Day Giving Challenge, founded by Cami Walker, which you yourself can go and sign up for at http://www.29gifts.org. I just signed up!

To start off my new journey, I began the day by doing some light yoga, stretching myself and letting my circulation get revved up for the wonderful day ahead of me. I felt lean and peaceful when I was finished - a great gift to myself!

The thing I gave to someone else today was a phone call to a friend I haven't seen in a while who lives in New York City. I ended up leaving a message, but told her I loved her and that I hoped she would have a wonderful day. A little gift, but I know it would make her smile!

And thus my self-challenge begins and I am so excited! Tomorrow I will post my list of goals for the year and how I plan to accomplish each one. I hope people will share things they do for others and take the 29 day challenge of Giving with me!

Love&Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment