Thursday, January 14, 2010

Appreciating What We Have and Giving Love

A day behind....again! But yesterday was another day to remind me of my riches in life. First, I went to work, which I must always remember to be grateful for and when I'm there I try my best to stay positive and enjoy my situation, because there are so many people who don't have jobs! Even though I'm only working there two days a week, its better than not working at all! Afterwards I made it to dance class (barely!) to learn the fox trot, fairly easy compared to the Salsa, not as spicy but still very fun.

 Yesterday, I gave the gift of love.  Probably seems like a cop-out, but it came from a genuine, giving place, which is what this giving journey is all about. I expressed my appreciation for someone I love very much and who gives me wonderful, good love.  And don't we know that love is the best gift anyone can give!

My gift to myself yesterday was the time I spent with the person who loves me. Being with someone who loves you truly and cares for you is really an amazing gift, and should never be taken for granted!

Today I'm working on lots of little gifts. I'm giving the gift of smiles all day to strangers everywhere. Don't you think that if everyone did that, the world would be a little cheerier? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment